Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Preparing for #2

7 weeks. 49 days. That's how much longer I have to go, or so I've been told. Taylor didn't show up on time (he was 2 weeks late) so I am not holding my breath that his sister will make her arrival on time (or even early). The past week has brought on the desire to want her here NOW. I don't remember having this feeling with TJ. I think I was too scared about the birthing process. I want Isabella (or Ella as I call her) here NOW! I want to snuggle a baby and rock her to sleep, etc.

I am a lot less paranoid this time around. I know what to expect, or so I think. I know where all the bottles are packed away. Have some of the "supplies" moved to the easier attic access spot, etc. Her room isn't done, but we know what we want to do, so that counts for something right? Her cradle is ready (handmade by my father and brother in law for TJ) and we have some clothes.....diapers....I must remember diapers.

We have finally made a decision about the birth. After much consideration and discussion, we have chosen to use the hospital instead of the birthing center. I like the idea of being able to have pain meds if I choose to. I have not made up my mind yet if I will use meds, but I like knowing that they are available if I want them. I also like the idea of being "pampered" by the hospital staff right after giving birth. I had an amazing team of nurses the first time around (Thank You Nancy Hill and Mrs. Reese, no, not my mom). They were firm, but polite, etc. We have someone to watch TJ and Scooter so I don't feel like I need to rush right home afterwards. I will admit that TJ's birth has me scared crapless to do it again, but she's gotta come out!

In preparing for a new baby, I have sorted through all of TJ's old things. Since they will be born almost exactly 3 years apart (we are talking almost to the day people, can we time it or what?!) their seasons of outfits will match up. I have pulled the gender neutral ones and sleep sacks (do I really care if she is sleeping in a baseball themed sleep sack? Nope!). I still have A TON of boy clothes left. If you know of anyone who is needing baby boy clothes, please let me know! I have a ton. If I can't get rid of them this way, I guess I will have to suffer through a garage sale....please don't make me have a garage sale!

No comments: