Monday, March 13, 2006

Just when you think...

...you've finally become an adult, you realize you still need to get a summer job like all the other college schmos. While trying to decide what to do over spring break if I don't have surgery for my gallbladder (a complete different story) I decided I should begin looking for a summer job. I put my resume in at GKB for the open High School English position, but I won't know about that till later and while it would be nice to have the summer to prepare for my first year of teaching finacially that is not an option. I thought about seeing in T.Rental needed some summer help setting up tents or working in the party side, but I don't know if I want to work at the same place as Ayron. I thought about calling the "new" (under new owners) daycare that I worked at for a year and seeing if they need help but the thought of little kids is not a positive one. I could always try the golf course, "beer b*$%&" doesn't have a nice ring to it, but I can drive golf cart and enjoy the lovely weather. I don't know yet...

In another random section of my wandering mind....why does everything happen at once? Life was going along smoothly till this stupid gallbladder thing. I go in tomorrow for my HIDA scan and I am not looking forward to drinking a lovely potion that will make my insides glow. Then to top it off, I got a call from my "woman" doctor last week telling me that my PAP Smear came back odd. It's not HPV (it never could have been for various reasons) and its not cancer, its just odd. Isn't it comforting to know that with all the medical advances in this world all they can tell me is that "It's odd." I'm not slamming the medical field (don't knock on those who have powerful painkilling drugs) because my mom and aunt are both nurses, but "It's odd." Come on.

Well I should probably go to class since I drove all the way down here. Maybe he'll have our papers that we turned in 4 weeks ago!

No comments: