Saturday, March 11, 2006

New Veggie

My family has been on this "New Mayo Clinic Diet!" and of course I've been following it to a "T" (insert sarcasm here!). I have managed to lose about 10 pounds but I don't know if that is because of the diet or the illness, either way....getting on with my point. We have been trying out new veggies. The other night we had grilled asparagas. Keep in mind that I'm not adventerous when it comes to new foods, let alone green foods. I was suprised. I loved it! It was very yummy and it didn't taste like a normal green veggie!

This weekend is our "2 days" off the diet so of course we have Ayron in the kitchen cooking up "Dad's Famous Pancakes" (he's the only one that can make them almost as good as daddy can!). I think homemade chocolate chips and brownies fall somewhere in today's menu as well.

I should probably go be productive, but it is 8am on a Saturday morning and I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing awake this early on my day to sleep in!!

No comments: