Friday, October 13, 2006

My Eyes Are Burning

Ahhhh. So I had my eye appointment about three weeks ago and I found out that I have been wearing my contacts too much. I have the thirty day and night ones, so I have been wearing them for thirty days and nights. My eyes have changed and cannot handle that process, and I have developed some scaring on my left eye. The dr. told me to go one day a week without my contacts. I tried it two weeks ago and got a huge migraine. I thought it was a combination of stress from work, allergies, and my glasses being not the correct prescription. I tried taking my contacts out the other night and it felt like I had sand in my eye. I gave up and put my contacts back in. After giving up several times, I called Greg, my fairy step-mother (long story). So, here is what is happening in my normal language, not the dr. language that was used to describe it to me. My contacts have begun to suffocate my eye. My corneas are not getting the oxygenated blood they need. The sand feeling I was having was oxygenated blood actually getting to where it was supposed to be. So I have to go see Dr. H today and have my eyes looked at. Something was said about steroid drops. Oh..and the best part! I get to get new glasses. Only a dork like me gets excited about getting new glasses. I get new frames and lenses. Yeah!! Wow, I really am a dork!

No comments: