Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Emotionally Spent

As I was driving to work today, trying to stay awake, I realized that I am emotionally spent. We went and looked at the house again last night, and changed our offer (to include the repairs of the central air etc...) and T, my father-in-law did a quick inspection. He was rambling off some stuff that needed to be fixed (I expected as much since it was built in the late 50's) and I was getting overwhelmed. I do not speak contractor or construction talk like the rest of my family. After several attempts at asking them to speak English, I gave up. It was C (our agent) that realized my frustration when she saw me curled up in the corner of the dining room, with my glasses in my lap and my head in my hands. She then spoke up and they listened to her and began to explain it in terms that I could understand. I am not as overwhelmed about the house buying thing as I was (we went and had dinner and they explained it to me) but it is still a big step for me. I have never even bought a car, let alone a house. So between the house, work and worrying about mom, I'm spent. Please God, no more. I don't think I can handle anymore. I sometimes wish I wasn't such an emotional person, but darn it all, I am.

No comments: