Thursday, July 26, 2007

Forwarded Email

This is from an email that was forwarded to me. For some reason it struck me hard this morning. Maybe it's the mood I'm in, who knows.

Thought for the Week:Monday, July 23, 2007
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK:DON'T LOOK BACK

Alexander Graham Bell once said, "When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us."

Sometimes we just have to let go. Sometimes we just have to trust that something better is coming down the road, no matter how much we loved what we just lost. We have all experienced our share of loss, and it hurts.

However, I have found that when we let go of that which is gone, something better always shows up, and we can only enjoy it fully when we let go of the past.

Often we focus so much on what has been lost in our lives, the missed opportunities, the failed relationships and the negative experiences, that we do not leave ourselves open to receive the abundance that is waiting for us. When we're looking back, we can't see the opportunities ahead.

This week, think about those things you have lost, those closed doors. Remember the fond memories and be thankful for what you had, enjoyed and learned. Now, let them go and think about all the new wonders in your life and begin to embrace and enjoy them!

1 comment:

Pepper said...

This email was forwarded to my by one of my Nikken leaders. Every week she sends things like this out and I always read them, but I have never felt like I should pass it along. I'm glad I did, it had the same affect on me.