Thursday, July 05, 2007

VACATION!!

Ayron and I haven't had a vacation in two years. We went to Grand Rapids twice, but one of those was for a conference. We both took today through Monday off. Ayron did go to work this morning though, only to realize that he didn't need to. He is going to stick around for a couple of hours and then we are out of here!

We finally decided yesterday that we are going to the Chesterton area. We have a friend that lives up there and we are always listening to the cool places she goes, so now we are going there. I even managed to snag a sweet hotel room at the government rate of only $60 a night! The hotel doesn't have a pool though, which is fine by me, but Ayron is a bit disappointed. I don't plan on staying in the hotel long enough to swim. We are only five minutes from the dunes water park so we might do that tomorrow.

I normally like to have everything planned out to the "T" so it's hard for me to not have things planned. I was frantically calling hotels this morning and was so happy to find one that would take my government status. I better go home and finish the laundry so we have clothes to wear!

No comments: