Friday, July 06, 2007

Vacation Day One

It's actually 7am here on Friday morning. Why am I up so freaking early on vacation? I'm used to being up early. Plus, the pillows at our hotel suck. One is not enough, two is way to many. I think I finally fell asleep around 2 this morning and woke up at 6. Crazy, I know. I am relaxed though, and no agenda means that as soon as I am done here, I can crawl back into bed.

We got here (Portage Indiana) earlier than we had planned. We ended up going to dinner at the restaurant that is inside the big new Bass Pro Shop here. We then drove to the dunes. It was cool to sit and watch the sun set on Chicago across the lake. We did take our Nerf football and play catch. I think we are planning on going back tonight, but a little more prepared. I am going to take a blanket, appropriate attire, and sand castle building supplies.

It's now 8:10 MY TIME, which means it's only 7:10 here, and since Ayron was nice enough to go get my old pillow out of the car, I'm going to attempt to take a very early morning nap.

No comments: