Monday, July 16, 2007

Freaky Friday (to say the least)

Friday sucked. I took the day off to rest and relax. I cleaned the house and then got a very interesting phone call around 3:30. It was Ayron. He just kept repeating, "Stay calm. Don't stress. Stay calm. Don't stress." I screamed, "Why and I supposed to stay calm? What happened!" His response, "I have a hole in my leg."

I thought he got shot. I yelled, "How do you get shot at Taylor Rental?" He then told me what happened. Here is the reader's digest version of what happened.

They were trying to hook a piece of equipment called the pulverizer to the tractor for a cranky customer who came in early. Ayron, in a rush, hooked the hooks in the wrong order. As he was holding the hook they should have hooked first, something happened, and the pulverizer let loose, and one of the many teeth on the equipment pierced his leg and pinned him against the tractor tire. Thank God for Jarrod, Jason, and Alex. They were able to keep their cool, get Ayron unpinned, and Jarrod rushed him to the ER.

The closest ER to Taylor Rental in K'ville is Parkview Noble. I do not recommend this place. The doctors are extremely rude, do not answer questions, and gag at the sight of blood. I'm not kidding you. He gagged when he looked at Ayron's leg. Yes, I know it was not exactly pleasant to look at, but a doctor gagging does not help calm the patient or the pregnant wife. They did xrays, gave him a tetnis shot, and finally a pain shot. They admitted they didn't know what to do, so they wrapped his leg and told us to take him to Ft. Wayne. They didn't even clean the wound out.

The staff at Lutheran were much more helpful. To make a long story short, they cleaned him out, pumped him full of antibiotics, stitched him up, gave us crutches and sent us home. He is now at home with his leg up in the air. My mom changed his bandage this morning and it looks really well considering the gaping hole it once was. He will have a cool "J" shaped scar. We go back to FWO on Thursday.

It sounds sick to say, but if it had been Jason's leg that got hit, it would have gotten him right in the knee cap. If it had been Alex or Jarrod, it would have snapped their leg. We did find out that he was only a centimeter away from slicing a key nerve. Most of the time that nerve cannot be repaired and they amputate. All I have to say is THANK YOU TO JARROD, JASON, and ALEX!!

No comments: