Monday, May 23, 2011

I was up most of the night thinking and praying about the victims of the tornado that struck Joplin Missiouri last night. I am running low on sleep, but my mind will not stop racing.

I am watching the tree across the street. It is swaying in the morning breeze. The bright green leaves are stunning against the blue sky background. It seems peaceful outside. The kind of morning where I would like to do nothing but sit in a hammock and read a book. Yet I know that storms are on the way. My morning text message from the local television station warned me of today's storms. So do I sit here in fear knowing what is coming? No, I have decided to focus on what I see, blue skies and swaying trees.

How many of us get wrapped up in what we think is coming our way? How many people were truly worried about the supposed rapture that was supposed to take place Saturday? Who sat by their clocks counting down the minutes?

Who lives their life in constant fear about what could happen instead of focusing on what IS happening? Why waste what time we are given worrying about what is next? Why not take advantage of the time we have been given? Take time to focus on the swaying tree, not the supposed storms that could be coming.

No comments: