Monday, May 09, 2011

I'm Baaaaaacck!

So I am officially back to work today. It's been a crazy past 3 months (was only off of work for 6 weeks). We have had 2 deaths, one birth, two major car issues, a niece hospitalized, a new job, schooling completed, terminal cancer diagnosis (family member), jaundice, the flu, hip issues, etc.

While I am happy to be back at work, I am a bit overwhelmed. I got here super early and just walked around trying to get back into the teacher/case manager/life manager frame of mind. It is amazing how much can change in 6 weeks. The little things got me. All of the bulletin boards are different (good thing) yet the room looks the same. The board in my office is plastered with information and I can't even decide where to begin so I just sit, staring at it. It's like information overload. I don't even know some of these students! Heck, I have two kids in court today, and the one kid I have never met and have no clue why he is in court!

But alas, I am back, and happy to be wearing actual clothes and away from diaper changing for awhile.

No comments: