Friday, May 13, 2011

Isabella Dawn Reeves

I have decided to relive Ella's birth and post some pics. I can't believe she is almost 7 weeks old already. Everyone has been telling me how much she has changed, but I wasn't see it. Now that I have looked back through the pictures, I see it! We were fortunate enough to have Stephani take professional pictures during the labor and delivery. She took a TON of pictures, so it is hard to choose just a handful, but I think I have picked my favorites to share!

I was admitted to the hospital on March 26 (Taylor's birthday) and started taking meds right away. I opted for a pill instead of the pitosin because I didn't want to be tied to an IV all night. We had our friend, and Ella's Godmother, Dawn, join us during the whole process. It was a good learning experience for her...she is pregnant with twins and due in October.

That night we struggled to fall asleep. It was the oddest "3 some" that room had ever seen. I was in the hospital bed, Dawn claimed the couch and they brought in a cot for Ayron. In order to have me sleep they gave me Ambien. I had never had Ambien before and now I understand why you are not supposed to take it and then operate heavy machinery! That stuff can mess you up! I was still having troubles falling asleep so our nurse came in (Jessica H. is THE best...so is Heather H.) and tucked us all in. She even let us listen to the heartbeats in Dawn's stomach!

After laboring thru the afternoon of the 27th, Ella was born at 5:57pm. I am sooo thankful that Dawn was there for the birth. She was awesome at whispering "sweet nothings" in my ear during the intense pain. I used the birthing stool (I tried finding a picture of one similar to what I used, but I can't. Imagine a purple glittery toilet bowl with the front half cut out) and Ayron actually delivered Ella. I remember the mid wife (God Bless Stephanie VanderHorst!!!) telling me to look into Ayron's eyes....the look of panic in his eyes was not helpful! Come to find out, she had just told Ayron, "I will do all the medical stuff, you just worry about not dropping the baby." I guess that explains the look of panic in his eyes! We learned that Ella had actually managed to tie a good sized knot in her umbilical cord. We aren't sure how long it was there, and am actually happy we didn't know. I didn't effect her development and we had a normal birth, so it was one of those moments where we blissfully ignorant. In the end, it was all worth it. Here are some of my favorite pictures!


Look at how concerned Ayron was! I think he was watching the monitor and the heart rate.

Proof that I did lean, both physically and emotionally, on Dawn. I am on the stool and she is sitting behind me so I had something to lean on. I didn't smoosh her babies either...too badly.Ayron delivered his daughter. It was the coolest thing! I wish he could have done it with TJ, but TJ's delivery was a bit more complicated, ok, A LOT more complicated!Ella's jump rope, er I mean umbilical cord! We have no clue how long she had it in a knot, but it didn't affect anything! She looks EXACTLY like TJ (right after he was born) in this shotAll cleaned up and ready to meet the family. Look at that cleavage!TJ ran in and immediately jumped on my stomach! When he left the room he proudly threw his fists in the air and yelled, "WE DID IT!"Can't tell I planned his outfit for the day can you?! Aunt Natty got him this shirt when she found out we were expecting.If I had to put the photos in order of my favorites, this one would be #1!!!This one ranks #2. The Reeves with their 4th grand daughter...that's a lot of wedding dresses for Grandpa to buy!


She still prefers to be held by grandpa over grandma. Always has and probably always will. I think she likes the deep sound of male voices....that could be a problem once she's older!I LOVE this shot too. They were chatting in the hallway while I was feeding Ella.

No comments: