Thursday, September 28, 2006

House Hunting Continues...

but with much less worries than before. We found out from our mortgage officer (the officer title cracks me up!) yesterday that we are preapproved for a house. Tonight we are going with our relator to look at 3 houses. We are taking my in-laws along with us. T, my father in-law, is a licensed home inspector so he can help up realize what we are getting into. The one house we really like has accepted a bid, pending financing. If we like the house, we can also put in an offer and if the first couple's offer falls through (can't get the money) then it's ours. The second house is kind of scary. No...scary's not the right word...funny....because it is set up almost exactly like mom's house! So, it would kind of be like moving back in at home! Except one room is painted this obnoxious pink with green carpet (I know this because A and I went and peeked in the windows last night). Both of the houses are currently vaccant, so if we pick one of those houses, it wouldn't be long till we could move in...which is a scary thought in itself. I was "taiking" via email to an old friend ("old" meaning we've been friends for a long time) today and he said that out in Seattle his friends just bought a house for $300,000. I cannot imagine paying that much money. We aren't even going to spend a third of that amount. I'm trying not to get my hopes up....they say that the hard part is over with since we have the financing, but I think the hard part has just begun! Now I want to look at every house in our price range so I'm not left thinking..."I wonder what that house looked like."

No comments: