Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I am my own boss.......YIKES

Work has really taken off, if only we had some students! I had an improptu meeting with my "boss" yesterday and if you were to read the Reader's Digest version of our 3 minute conversation (he's not a big talker) it would come down to this..."We(the schools and probation department) like what you have in mind and we are handing this program over to you. Whatever you feel you need to do or want to do, then by all means do it." So this thing is 100% mine. It's cool, yet scary! I have a meeting with some officials from a couple of the schools on Thursday, so after that I'll have a better feel for how this is all going to play out. I ran into a gentleman that I worked under while student teaching and he let it slip that Friday is the official last day of state counting (for funding purposes) so I'm hoping next week some of these students will get themselves kicked out. Wait, is that wrong of me? To wish that students get in trouble so that I can have something to do? Well I better get started with this grant writing business if I want to get enough money for a program that I want.

No comments: