Friday, September 29, 2006

We found it

We found a house! It needs some work, but it is very doable work, considering the family I moved into. The previous owners, closed off the garage to make a room. They drywalled a wall into the garage, but never took out the garage door. We wouldn't not need that extra room, so the first thing that should be done is making the garage, a garage again. They added a 4 seasons room off of the dining room. The 4 seasons room has an inside flower bed that runs along 2 of the walls. That would go, and we would poor cement out to the walls to make a true 4 seasons room. The previous owners also had mirrors everywhere. I'm not kidding, EVERYWHERE. Either they were really vain or they had some weird parties in that place. It is a bank repo, and they are asking way more than it's worth. Our realtor knows we can low ball them and the bank would probably take it. T, my father in-law and our inspector, is typing a list of things that "need" to be done to attach to our offer as proof of why they are asking too much. The people also kind of over did the landscaping, and since no one has been living there, it has grown! I would probably do a little yard work this fall, but then let winter kill things off and then start new in the spring. I would really love to have this house, but I'm trying not to get our hopes up.

Another house we looked at last night proves that God has a sense of humor. I know that it shows a weakness in your faith to ask for a sign from God, but I have been wanting to have some sort of calmness or something when I walk into a house(ps: I had that in the house we want to buy). The second house we looked at, smelled like diapers (they have set of triplets and a younger boy). While noticing everything that needs to be done to even make the house truly livable, my mother in law started laughing. She called me into the triplets room and said, "Sweetie, this is your sign. I don't know if God is telling you to buy it or run the other way though!" Two of the triplets have the exact same names as my mom and aunt! The third triplets name is the name of a friend of mine (we have lost contact over the past year, but we are working on building our relationship back up).

Well, it's Friday, and I have court on Monday so I should get all of my paper work in line.

No comments: