Monday, September 18, 2006

Wedding Woes Part II

So, we went to the wedding and to our suprise, it went very well. A friend that was in our wedding and recently moved to Arizona came back. It was really nice to see him and hear about his life out west. Ran into some long lost, but not forgotten, friends. E ended up sitting with us at the reception and them coming back to our house for drinks. It was really cool to get reconnected with her. The bride and groom where happy to see us and it seems that the invitation was her way of apologizing and i accepted. While I'm sad that we lost 6 months of our friendship, it is cool to know that it's not all lost.

Work is still going well. My one student worked very hard today and with minimal help from myself of T. Biology seems to be his strong subject. He spent his lunch break showing T how to play computer/internet games. It was funny to watch the student get frustrated with teaching an older adult new technology. I spent the day making business cards, checking about ISTEP, getting late work around, typing letters to schools, and fighting with my laptop. I can't get my wireless to work even though my house (where I work is a house) is wireless ready. Hmm... I told student if he gets homework done tonight, I'd let him take a crack at the wireless problem in the morning. He is a computer whiz and is looking foward to teaching me a thing or two.

Well, it's time to go do the final paperwork of the day. With all of the forms I fill out, I wonder how much of it is useful? How much do they refer back to the daily log sheets? I know they come in handy, and I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering where do they store all of this paperwork? Why not computerize it!?

No comments: