Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wedding Woes

So I have a wedding to attend this weekend. I am not really looking forward to it. The person getting married used to be a friend of mine. We basically grew up together. After my wedding we drifted apart, I was student teaching, she was planning her own wedding. I didn't think it would be a big deal since we both were busy. WRONG! She called me one day, out of the blue, and basically called our friendship off. I know at times she can be a bit childish, so I thought I'd wait the storm out. It seems I'm still waiting the storm out. After a couple of phone calls (she didn't answer, but I left voice mails) and unreplied emails, I took a hint. Then, WHAM. The wedding invitation shows up. I don't know how to take the invitation. Is this her way of finally putting the ball back in my court? Is she waiting for me to make a move? Is this her response to my phone calls and emails? Did she only send it because her mother quilted her into it? It's all very strange. It would be easier if I knew why the invitation was sent. If I knew that she sent it as a gesture in my direction, then great. If she sent it because "mommy said so" then I don't want to make her uncomfortable at her own wedding. We are still friends with everyone in her family, just not her. I'd love to strike a friendship back up again, but then I don't know if I can deal with anymore of these tangents she has twice a year. I bowed out of being a bridesmaid, which is what really adds the icing to the cake about this whole thing. I am kind of happy that I can prove her mom wrong. Back in the day, while helping her pick out bridesmaid dresses, her mom told her to make sure the style she liked had a maternity version. She thought I'd be pregnant by the time the wedding came around. Well, guess what I'M NOT! Yeah, at least I won that bet!

Well, I needed to get this off my mind before my big meeting this morning (in twenty minutes). Hopefully all goes well at this meeting and I can come back to the house and get out of these clothes. Yes, I dressed up for the meeting. Dress pants, sweater style cami, and a red dress shirt. Oh yeah, with pointy toed, high healed shoes that click when I walk through the house. I call them my teacher shoes. You can hear me walking down the hall. Better get my feet walking so I'm not late.

No comments: