Thursday, September 14, 2006

In Over My Head

After my meeting with 2 out of the 4 schools I'll be working with, one song keeps running through my head. More specifically, part of one song.

"Everyone knows I'm in over my head, over my head...." Cable Car by The Fray


Just when I think we are on the right track and everything is all ironed out, SMACK, someone asked a question I had no clue how to answer. The main concern being credits. I am licensed English teacher, therefore I can legally give English credits. I have three years to become a "Highly Qualified Teacher" (meaning I can teach all subjects in an alternative setting, like the one I'm currently in). So until I reach the end of that three years, am I allowed to give credits in other areas? Do I need to work directly with a teacher from one of the schools who is licensed in the core areas?

Hopefully this can of "Mountain Lightning" (cheap Mt. Dew) and my beef pot pie will help me sort all of this out....

No comments: