Monday, December 01, 2008

Idiot!!

Last night one of the tv shows did a special segment about Army Spc. Monica Lin Brown. Here is an article I found on line that briefly discusses why she is in the news.

At the end of the television segment the news reporter said that they had tried to contact the two men she saved. The one man she saved said, "Women have no write to serve on front lines and have no place in the service."

I was shocked. That jerk of a guy is not thankful? She saved his macho butt and he can't even say "thanks"? I understand that according to our military "rules" women are not to serve in front line combat. But sorry to tell you people, war doesn't always follow a nice neat plan. Sometimes our service men AND women are attacked and forced into the front lines. I was just so mad at the man. She saved his life. If it were a man that saved his life he probably would have done an on camera interview!

I understand that this is controversial. If it were a man, would it have gotten this much attention? Would the solider have been awarded the medal? I don't know. She did keep stating, "I was simply doing my job." She wasn't trying to be a hero, she was trying to protect and help the people that she had become friends with.

I was just appalled at that jerk or a solider who couldn't even thank the woman that saved him!

No comments: