Friday, February 13, 2009

Hawaii

Ayron is in Hawaii for work. I want to stress the word WORK. He was a last minute replacement for someone who fell and broke their arm in 3 places. Several people have asked me if I am mad. No, why would I be?

I have been fortunate enough to travel around Europe TWICE. I have seen the ocean. I have never been to Hawaii, but I am young, someday I will get there. I am very happy for him. He is getting to see and experience things that he never has before. He ate traditional Hawaiian food last night and even went snorkeling.

Leave it to Ayron to forget to take his cell phone out of his pocket before getting in the ocean. Thank goodness for the phone insurance plan. He got a new phone last night. What a story he will be able to tell when people ask him where he has been! How can I be mad when he is having such a good time?

Here on the home front, not much is happening. We did get our federal tax refund this morning (gotta love e-file) so I have declared today "Carma Gets Her Ipod Nano Day!" I stayed home this morning to get some stuff done and will go into work later.

The goat farm (my brother-in-law) is booming. Taylor Made gave birth early this week to triplets! She had two girls (8 lbs. and 6 lbs.) and a boy (4 lbs). They are all expected to make it. Taylor Made is not a good Momma goat, so they are feeding the goats with bottles. This allows my sister-in-law to cuddle and cradle and hold the baby goats while feeding them. She thinks it is great that they allow her to handle them like human babies. I think it will be great when this summer (when they are rapidly gaining weight), they try to sit on her lap! Our goat, "JoJo" is HUGE. She still have 2 - 3 weeks left on her pregnancy so we are expecting triplets from her too. I have been rationing Taylor's goat milk intake and he doesn't seem to notice the difference.

Yeah, our lives are just full of excitement! (I hope you realize this is sarcasm)

No comments: