Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Learn How To Dial

My work phone number is listed in the phone book under by boss's name. My program is run out of a residential house, thus the "residential" number.

Every week, at least twice a week, an old lady calls. She thinks she is calling the health food store (their last four digits are 3510). Every week, at least twice a week, I kindly remind her that she must have dialed 5310 by mistake (yet again).

Today when I answered the phone she didn't even let me finish my usual intro

"Youth Improvement Pro..."

"I have some questions about flax seeds. When I was in last week someone told me..."

"Ma'am, this is a government office."

"I know, I just have a quick question about the flax seed oil versus the flax seed pills."

"Ma'am, you have miss dialed. You want to dial 665-3510."

"That is what I did dial."

"No Ma'am, you have called a government program."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Ma'am. You need to hang up and redial."

She then proceeded to get all crappy with me. Hello? You are the one who miss dials ALL THE TIME, don't get crappy with me! I am about ready to call the health food place and ask them to suggest a supplement that would help her dial correct phone numbers next time she comes in!

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

Nice! I laughed out loud when I read that last sentence!