Monday, February 09, 2009

I'm a Genius!

Ok, ever had an idea that you are just so astounded by, but others look at you like you're crazy? I just had one (keep in mind that I am working on 2 hours of sleep since Taylor decided we should stay up and party last night instead of sleep).

Ayron and I are trying to decide how to go about the renovations on our house (furnace, backroom, then kitchen). I was talking (via email) to him about storage space and how I wish we had more of it. Our shed it already full of things and we need to clear some things out of the backroom. I literally sat at my desk and thought about storage needs for an hour before I exclaimed, "I'M A GENIUS!" My students looked at me like I was crazy (nothing new there). I can't believe in 2+ years of living in our house, I never thought to use......drum roll.....THE ATTIC! It took me 2+ years, some sleep deprivation, and a 2 liter of Pepsi to realize that our attic is empty and can very easily be used to store stuff. Man, I am a freaking genius! I am mentally making a list right now of all the things I want to put in the attic (two of them being my husband and my "furnace doesn't work husband.")

Why do I want to put two guys in the attic? To run the new heat ducts for the new furnace of course! Hopefully by the end of this week we can order our furnace and then Josh and Ayron can go about their merry little way (Kelly....we can baby shop?!) of making my home more heat efficient.

Seriously people, the attic. The more I think about it, the more astounded I am! Do people actually use their attic anymore? I know my parents used ours growing up. I know it's not the nicest place to be, but our million rubber made totes of memorabilia that Ayron won't give up, won't mind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We don't use our attic yet, but we will soon! Josh is going to insulate it well, then we're going to lay plywood down so we can walk around in there. Good call on the attic! Way to be a genius!

Oh, and sure we can baby shop! :)