Thursday, November 18, 2010

Second Super Supper

I just made a great dinner, I don't mean to toot my own horn, I'm just saying....it was quick, easy, and soooo tasty!!!

1 C. veggie broth (I used Chicken)
1 T. butter/margarine
1 garlic clove chopped
4 green onions, cut on the bias
3/4 C. quick cook couscous
1/2 red pepper, sliced thinly (I left this out)
1 jar (6.5oz) marinated artichoke hearts
1 pkg. of cooked chicken strips
Feta Cheese
Olives

In a small sauce pan combine the broth, butter, garlic, and green onions. Bring to a boil. Add in couscous and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.

While the couscous is cooking, saute the red peppers in 2 T. of the artichoke marinade (just the juice, not the artichokes...yet). Add in the artichokes and cooked chicken along with 1 T. more of the marinade. "Cook" until heated through.

Put a spoonful of the couscous on a plate and top with the veggie/chicken mixture. Top with feta cheese and olives (to taste). We also drizzled Tuscan House Italian dressing over the entire thing.

This meal took all of 8 minutes to make! The most time consuming part was waiting for the broth to boil so I could add in the couscous!

The original recipe said it served 4, but I would say it serves 2 1/2. We had a good amount of the veggie/chicken mixture left over, but not a lot of couscous. It was DELICIOUS!!! My proof? TJ ate it!

No comments: