Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Traditional Family

Ok, so my crazy family is anything but traditional, but I like the craziness, keeps me on my toes! That being said, we had an ultrasound yesterday and it was confirmed. Baby #2 is a girl. Our mid wife had a sneaking suspicion from the start she was actually a "she" because this pregnancy has been so different from my first pregnancy. Last ultrasound she was able to catch a glimpse, but would only give us a 75% girl rating. Yesterday she gave us a 99% (she never gives 100%) rating. Seems we were the third girl ultrasound in a row they had that day and ours was the most obvious.

While I don't have a scanner, so I can't be one of those annoying pregnant ladies that posts every single ultrasound shot, just know that I do have all the ultrasound shots and 3 shots that prove she is a she.

The ultrasound also showed me measuring a week ahead of where I thought I was. They took the date based on her femur measurement, so we could just be having another tall child and her height is throwing off my due date. At this rate, looks like mid March we will have our new bundle of joy.

I jokingly texted my dad that I would have a typical family: older son, younger daughter, and dumb dog. He offered to send us his whiny Siamese cat, Morty. We declined (that cat whines worse than a two year old who was just told "No.").

I used to think keeping the name a secret would be a good idea, but I failed. After last appointment I told several people (including her namesake) the girl name we had picked out. We wanted to keep up the idea of naming her after someone like we did with TJ. Taylor's middle name, Josiah, is a family name on my side. TJ happened to be Grandpa Reeves's name. It worked perfectly. This time around, we struggled with a first name. Took us about a week (I know, that's not that long, but we picked Taylor's name in about 20 seconds, we just knew). So, come March, Isabella Dawn Reeves will be joining our family.

Isabella was the only girls name we could decide on. We can call her Izzy or Bella for short (and while I am a Grey's Anatomy fan, that was not our thinking). Dawn comes from one of my best friends Dawn Yingling. Dawn is a crazy character who lives life to the fullest and can make anyone laugh. She has been there for me since the 6th grade and it just seemed fitting to name Isabella after her. Dawn has already started in on creating her special nickname for Isabella.

Dawn wanted to call her "Mimi" (kinda like a mini me), but I shot that one down. All I could picture was that clown looking lady off of the Drew Carey show. So somehow we settled on Lizard. I have no clue how she came up with Lizard, but Lizard it is. Keep in mind Dawn (along with the help of my sister) came up with Tater Monkey for TJ, so I guess Lizard isn't that far out there.

So there, there is my annoying pregnancy blog for the month.

No comments: