Sunday, November 14, 2010

Super Supper

I am not one for following recipes, unless I am baking. We have been in a dinner rut lately so last week I spent a day surfing the web seeking inspiration for this weeks meals. I played around with a recipe that was called "Easy, Cheesy Tortellini Bake." The name is a bit misleading because, well, you never actually BAKE the thing!

20 oz package of your favorite refrigerated tortellini
26 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce
16 oz jar of your favorite Alfredo sauce
12 oz of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed "dry"
Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese (I used the shredded kind and it worked well)

Cook the tortellini according the package directions. While the pasta is cooking, in a sauce pan mix together the two different sauces and the spinach. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it simmer until it is hot all the way through.

Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce. Pour into a greased pan (couldn't tell you what size of casserole dish I used....I know it was bigger than an 8x8 though!). Top with a mixture of the mozzarella and Parmesan. Mix enough cheese to cover the top of the pasta.

Broil the casserole for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the top turns a nice golden brown.

To be honest, when I started mixing the sauces I became worried. My morning sickness is back and just the thought of a marinara mixed with an Alfredo sent me running for the bathroom. It was delicious! I did take a picture of the dish, but am currently too lazy to get the camera, plug it in, download the picture, upload the picture to the blog, yada yada.

This made enough for 4 people with enough left overs for maybe 2 people. Keep in mind I have a husband who is close to 7 feet tall and could out eat an army! We served it with a nice salad and it made an awesome dinner!!

No comments: