Tuesday, December 11, 2007

2 days and counting

Today makes day #2 of working from "home." Due to this lovely ice storm, the school district I work in closed. In Auburn it is just raining right now, but they say up north it is really bad. They are guessing that it will stop raining and start freezing soon. So I decided to spend another day working from "home."

I say "home" because I am currently up at Joshua Cup using the free wireless. I do have a list of things to do for work when I get home. I really need to start planning and delegating things for when I am gone. I need to make the SOP's for YIP. SOP's are our standard operating procedure manuals that describe how things are done, by who, and when. I also need to work on creating more work for a day student who is finishing his work quicker than I can grade it.

If I stay here and work I'll be more tempted to play games and read blogs. If I go home where I don't have wireless, I will be forced to actually work. Maybe I should go ahead and head home...or maybe I should play one game of pool.....

No comments: