Saturday, December 08, 2007

What a Year

It has been year and we are still amazed. For those of you who don't know, a year ago today my sister-in-law was hit by a semi (http://amrac.blogspot.com/2006/12/terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-day.html). It is amazing to look at her and know that she is here for a reason. She should have died, but she didn't. If you didn't know her before the accident, you would have no clue what she has been through. Her voice is still a bit off, but you can understand her and every day her speech improves.



It is also interesting to see how our family dynamic has changed. We don't take each other for granted. Not that we ever did, but we are more aware of each other now. I still have flashbacks of her lying in the ICU bed and those freak me out, but I have to remember how far she has come. I am constantly amazed by her and Him. He could have taken her, but He didn't and for that we are grateful.

No comments: