Thursday, December 13, 2007

Candy Making

I have been trying to watch a lot less television lately. I average around 4-5 books a week and since I started this, reading has gotten old. I like reading, don't get me wrong. I just wanted a change of pace. I decided to try to pull Ayron into my plan for less television. We have been having a nightly Uno war. I will admit that I have been losing that battle. I'm sure Grandma Reese is laughing up in heaven because I have finally found someone who can beat me at my own game.

Last night we decided to try our hand at candy making. It was an experience to say the least. Earlier this week we already made reindeer noses. I don't know if those are what they called, but that's what I have decided to name them. They are the round pretzels with a melted hershey's kisses in the middle topped with an M&M. We became creative and used candy cane, regular, hot cocoa, cherry cordial, and dark chocolate kisses. They are yummy!

Last night we expanded our candy production to include two kinds of fudge (cookies-n-creme and walnut), truffles, and home made turtles. I think Ayron tasted three of everything. I'm surprised I had some left to bring to work with me today!

We have decided to open our own candy making business. We talked about it jokingly, but I would really enjoy that! If my dad was staying in the area, I'd be willing to go into business with him. I could do the candies and he could do the baking. That would really be fun........maybe I should go back to school for my pastry degree.........not a bad idea.

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

Awesome! Go for it! TONS of big companies got started that way! When you get started and need computer help, just give me a call! Nathan does websites, too!