Friday, December 15, 2006

DEVERY!!!

Devery,

I don't really know who you are, but I know that you are a blessing to our family!! I don't know how you were able to track me down and find out about Nikki, or as you call her, Nicole, but I am grateful you did! I don't know how to get in touch with you, but for now this works.

I would like to say thank you on behalf of my entire family. We are extremely grateful!! I am going to print out the comment you posted and take it to the hospital tonight. Just some background information you may not know, but could find interesting.

Nikki was less than a mile from home, she was going home to get ready to drive her afternoon school bus route. She is also a volunteer firefighter, medic, and president of the Spencerville Volunteer fire department. Her husband, is the assistant chief of the fire department. He heard the accident come across his pager, but he was working in Garrett at the time. The page didn't give a name, but he called Nikki to see if she was going to go on the run. When she didn't answer, he thought she didn't hear her phone. When her cousin, the head chief(they are all related somehow), got to the accident, he found her phone and realized that Phil had called her.

She is doing much better. She pulled out her feeding tube again, so they left it out. She is still in STICU, but they are planning on moving her to the 7th floor as soon as there is an open bed. They don't know when she'll be able to actually come home, but the fact that she is ok if fine enough for us.

I guess now that I've babbled enough, I'll actually try to find your blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Devery I am the city driver for Dayton Freight in that area.
I googled Nicoles first and last name and found your blog.
I am relieved to hear she is going to be alright. We will keep praying for her.
It sounds like she has alot of family and friends support thats really good.
I am glad I found this blog to see how she is doing and thanks again.