Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Finally Feeling Like Christmas

Earlier this week, I mentioned how it doesn't feel like Christmas time, but I have had a change of heart and Scrooge had fled my brain. While I'm not feeling 100% like the holiday, I am still excited about getting together with family. I'm excited, yet stressed. We have a million things to do and I'm not sure how we are going to coordinate them all.

Friday- Dinner at Michael J's with MJ, Amy, Todd, Bethany, Joe, and Jen: I am totally looking forward to this. Actually, I really just want to see how we are all going to fit around a table in the apartment!

Saturday- Christmas with Dad, Greg, and Dr. D., and Nat. This will prove to be an adventure because I am taking Scooter with us. No big deal, but add in Dad's daschund, and Dr. D's collie, and it should be enough to drive Dad crazy!!!

Sunday- I have no clue, but I'm sure something will come up

Monday- Opening stockings with Ayron (the dog is our present to each other), Christmas with mom, Christmas at the hospital.

Next Saturday- The Reeve's Christmas.

For those of you who are not married, marriage adds another whole dimension to the holidays. You not only have your family gatherings, but theirs as well. And if you parents are divorced, that adds another layer to the confusion. Oh well, at least I don't have to come into work. That will help. I think I will work, but take the Adam approach, I will look for the moments God sends me to stop for coffee, chat on line, sit in the park, etc.

4 comments:

todd helmkamp said...

Oh, my yes. I went from having three Christmases (which I thought was crazy) to having seven. Yikes.

Carma said...

SEVEN???? In an apartment?? How big is your apartment? Are they artifical or real? That's a heck of a lot of pine needles if they are all real!

todd helmkamp said...

Um...not Christmas TREES.... Family Gatherings. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah... what he said...

@Todd: The "..." is my line, buddy... Don't make me go kah-ray-zee on you, mister "seven Christmases"...