Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Holidays!!

Well, three Christmas parties down, one to go. We had Christmas with my dad on Saturday. It was crazy! Greg's nieces and their kids and significant others were there. We took Scooter and he did really well! He tried to play with the big collie, till he realized that in the collie's eyes, he was merely a chew toy! Ayron and I went down to the hospital on Sunday and saw Nikki. She is set to come home on the ninth. She is doing better and her physical therapy is helping. She is frustrated though because she feels she is talking slow. True, it's slower than her normal pace, but it is still at a decent speed. When we got home Ayron and I exchanged our gifts. He got me three funny t-shirts, a hoodie, a manicure set, and my big crock pot that I've been wanting. We spent Christmas morning with Mom and Natalee and then Christmas night with Ayron's parents and brother.

It is now 8:00am and I am sitting at the local coffee shop, Brew Daily, blogging and trying to get in the frame of mind to work. It is my day off and I was up at 7, I need help! I figured I'd work a bunch today and then take it easy the rest of the week.

Oh, I totally forgot about Friday night. We had our first annual Christmas semi-formal dinner at Michael's apartment. We ate dinner by candle light in his bedroom. Don't laugh. It was cool. It was Michael, Amy, Todd, Bethany, Ayron and I. It was very good! It actually helped me get in the mood to plan the Valentine's Day dinner we are going to have at our house.

2 comments:

todd helmkamp said...

It was fun! And, Legal Disclaimer: Michael's bed was removed from the room.

We're excited about ours, but we wanna do Memorial Day. It comes sooner!!

Anonymous said...

"..in his bedroom... don't laugh it was fun..." That sounds dirty Carmie...