Monday, December 18, 2006

Something's Not Right

As I sat, grading papers this afternoon, it hit me...Christmas is only a week away. It doesn't seem like it. Maybe it's the lack of decorations in my house, or the absence of snow. Either way, do I really need things such as those to make it feel like Christmas? I have had the urge to put in my Clay Aiken (yea yea, shut up) Christmas c.d. and sing along, but it is packed away in a box. Do we, as a culture, need such frivolous and silly things to remind us that Christmas is coming? Shouldn't we feel the way we feel at Christmas all year long. Christ didn't come just for one day, he came for years, and he is still here. Shouldn't we feel grateful and full of love all year long? I'm sure some of us do, but why does it get stronger in December? I know, we are celebrating Christ's birthday, but shouldn't we celebrate Christ all year long? Since, I can't find an answer, I'll just blame it on the lack of snow.

No comments: