Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm here...barely

So today is "President's Day." Yeah rah. If you work for the government, you get the day off. Good for you. I work for the government, yet I'm here. NO...I'm not bitter...not one bit. Actually, I'm cool with it. I have a lot I could get done today. I go to Indy tomorrow with my boss to meet with IDOC about our grant. So basically, a whole day on the road with my boss for a 1/2 hour meeting at 1:30.

The weekend was great. The dinner party was a success, well at least I think so. Josh and Kelly couldn't come because he had a last minute service call to Missouri. The food was yummy, and the fellowship was great. Although, can you call fart stories and the tunnel of death fellowship? It worked for us. Big thanks goes out to Michael for helping my hubby clean up the kitchen while Amy and I chilled on the couch.

It was cool to have Ayron home all day Saturday. We hung out with my sister, went and watched Music and Lyrics, dyed my sister's hair, and then went a friends going away party. We managed to do absolutely nothing Sunday. We haven't done that in a long time!

All in all, it was a relaxing weekend. This week, however, will be crazy. I enrolled a new student today. I go to Indy tomorrow, the new student starts Wednesday(did I mention that he is only 12 and in the 6th grade?!), Thursday I work late teaching T4C, and Friday I'm going to South Bend all day for a conference. Whew, tired just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carmie,

The party was slam'n! Too bad we didn't slam Michael and Ayron against the wall while they were playing "belly drums."

By the way, Patches (a.k.a Mr. Sparky) loved the photos, however, he was a little sad he didn't get invited to the party, but then again... we didn't get our invitation until after the party.