Thursday, February 01, 2007

Radio Wars


Auburn has its own local radio station, Froggy 106.7 and they have been having a fun contest the past week. The afternoon dj, Chris, isn't a Colts nor a Bear's fan. He was asking the community to help him decide who to cheer for on the day of the Superbowl. Chuck, the owner of Crickets bar, is a Bears fan. His friend, Ben, the owner of Taylor Rental (He's Ayron's boss), is a huge Colts fan. They decided to bribe Chris into liking "their" team. Chris sold out to Chuck for a case of bear and food. Ben sent out an email to over 500 people telling them to call the radio station and heckle and what not. Ayron decided to call and told Chris, "You were bought. How does it feel to be owned. You sold out for beer? You are owned...." I then called into the radio station and said, "I think you need to know something about the previous caller who was calling you 'bought.' Um.... I'll probably catch flack for this when I get home, but that caller was bought by Ben. He works for Ben." Everyone in the booth lost it. They were laughing and carrying on about "Who's bought now." Both of our comments ended up on the air. It was fun! Ayron's been on the radio numerous times, this was my first time.


This morning was the stations last day for their search for the biggest Colts fan. Ayron was going to get up early and physically go to the station, but he slept in and called on his way to work. He said, "I'm 6'10" and 345 lbs. I'm pretty sure that I'm the biggest Colts fan in Auburn." That made the morning show hosts laugh. They told him, "Well, while that is big, it's not the type of big we are looking for."


As I was surfing the radio's website I found these. Sorry Ben, but your identity has been revealed.


No comments: