Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend of Disappointments

Things never go very smoothly for me. Just when I think the road is leveling out, BAM!! God adds a speed bump. This weekend was one continuous speed bump. Something that we had been praying for and hoping for feel through. Maybe we weren't ready, maybe God is saying, "Not now." Either way, it was a big freakin let down. Ayron's truck was hit by a kid who was going 35 down our road, and didn't even slow down before plowing into the back end of the parked truck. When the sheriff came out (he lives right across the street) he realized the plates on the trust were expired. Then, right after that happened, our sewer line became blocked. After 5 hours of attempting to clean it out on our own, we called a professional. All he managed to do was freak me out and make the block worse. Sunday, Ayron and Tom managed to find the outside clean out and snake the line and broke up the clog and now we can shower and use the restroom (no, I don't count being able to use the facilities a disappointment). I have been fighting an ear ache and sore throat all weekend as well. I came to work early this morning to get some shopping and basic office tasks done before my staff and student arrived, only to find that the heat hasn't worked in the building all weekend. I am sitting in my 53 degree office in my winter coat, gloves (which makes it hard to type), and hat waiting for the heating guy to get here. I have two doors and two windows cracked in case the furnace is putting out carbon monoxide.

Don't get me wrong, I know it sounds like I'm in whining, but I'm just wondering about the topic of disappointment. Would everything else sucked so bad had the first disappointment not happened? Did the first disappointment put me in such a mood that I viewed everything else as God trying to get through to me? Sometimes I think that I view everything as a sign from God. It just seemed like God was using this weekend to beat me down. Was I getting to confidant? Some answers would be nice. I know everything happens according to HIS time, but I'm the type of person that needs answers. I'd be ok with the disappointment if I knew why. Needless to say, I've spent a lot of time in prayer. Maybe that was God's goal. Am I that stubborn that it took a string of events before I sat down and prayed? If I am that stubborn, why? I am working on reprioritizing my life with God being the focus. He's always been there, but lately I think my focus has been blurred. I'm working on removing those cataracts and getting my focus back on Him, but I know that will be difficult.

Starting this weekend, our lives will become crazy. Ayron has Hope Group Training at Pastor's house on Monday. Tuesday, he has play practice and soccer, while I attend Puppy Training. Wednesday is catch your breath day, Thursday I have a class that I am taking/teaching for work, and Friday's usually entail some kind of family or friend function. Don't get me wrong, I love being busy, but I know that when I'm busy, I lose my focus. Just pray that I am able to keep my sanity through the next three months.

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

I'll pray for your sanity.