Friday, February 16, 2007

Venting...

I would now like to take a minute to vent about work. Keep in mind that my rants are from my mind, and do not apply to everyone.

Why are parents so dense when it comes to their own kids? Why can't they see that it is their child's behavior that causes problems, not mine? Why can't the parents see the problems with school and help their own child? Why do they depend on everyone else to take care of their child? Why do they even let stupid people breed?

Why are public schools rapidly going to the dog house? Why have the suddenly forgotten that students are people, not just numbers? Have they forgotten that students have emotions and if those emotions are fragile, their learning state will be too? When and why did the schools get so focused on winning awards and starts? What are they gaining by winning this status if students are going through the cracks?

Why do I feel that it is my duty to fix everyone's educational problems? Why do I take on such troubled students who have been left behind by not only the schools but their own family? Why do I complain about the public school yet do nothing to improve it? How do I improve the entire public school system by myself?

Why, why, why, why, oh, and why.

No comments: