Thursday, August 16, 2007

Amazing

Ok, this post needs a preface, so here it goes. I never wanted to be one of those annoying pregnant ladies who thought they were the only one who has ever been pregnant and that the world should revolve around them. While I have several friends that are pregnant, I also have several that are trying without much success. I have not forgotten you and I continue to pray for your success (that just sounds silly, but it's true). I also understand that this is something women have done since the beginning of time. I have it easy compared to 100 or even 30 years ago. I am still capable of doing things, heck in the "good ole days" pregnant wives still tended to the fields, took care of the animals, etc. Ok, rant over, on to my thought for the morning.

I get emails every week from a baby website that just lets me know what is happening in my body, news on baby stuff, etc. I was reading the 9 week one today and it hit me. There is a human in me, growing. I knew from the beginning there was a human in me, but it really hit me. Here is what I wrote to my friend during our daily work day chat: "I am truly amazed by what is going on in my body right now. It is amazing to think that God designed us to be able to do this and without much thought on our part. I don't understand how people can go through this process and not believe in God."

Taylor is growing and changing right now and I'm not even "telling" him/her to do it. It happens on its own. That is astounding. Right now he/she is working on eyelids, arms, legs, toes, and the first nerves to what will be his/her brain. And Taylor is only the size of a pea pod. I am truly amazed and this whole process has humbled me greatly. It's also made me sick to my stomach, but more so humble.

2 comments:

Pepper said...

Well, I have to say that I am glad it makes you sotr of sick to your stomach, (means i'm not the only one!). It is amazing and humbling even to me who is not pregnant. I am very excited and happy (and anxious too), for you and Ayron! (Even though I may say dumb things, I really am excited!)

todd helmkamp said...

Isn't it great? We had an ultrasound yesterday, and I could see the baby's heartbeat!!

A tip for all of you daddies-to-be: DON'T mention the whole working in the fields thing to your pregnant wife. Bad idea.