Monday, August 13, 2007

God's Humor

I firmly believe that God has a sense of humor. I believe that at times, He's just sitting up there laughing uncontrollably. Here is more proof to back up my claim.

This morning, I got up when Ayron did, as usual. While Ayron was in the shower I sat on the couch and at a cup of pudding (yeah yeah, breakfast of champions). I decided to release some of the pressure that was building up in my tummy. You have a lot of extra tummy pressure when you are pregnant, and at times, you have to let it go. So I delicately, very lady like, lowered my stomach pressure. As soon as I did that, BAM the carbon monoxide/gas leak detector started going off. I knew I had tummy pressure, but I didn't think I had enough to set off an alarm! I quickly gathered the dog, Ayron, and cell phones and went outside.

We called Phil, Ayron's brother, who is the assistant chief of a fire department. He told us to quickly open up all the windows and call the gas company. So we did that. After about ten minutes of waiting and wondering, the helpful guy from NIFL came and with his fancy detector machine, entered our house. His $2,000 piece of equipment didn't detect a thing. He checked every room, the garage, everything. All he got was "0"s. He wrote down a bunch of information about our detector and told us that he thinks it may have malfunctioned.

Long story short, when you need to release some pressure, make sure you aren't sitting right next to the gas leak detector.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMBO!!!! That is hysterical!! Thanks for sharing!