Friday, January 18, 2008

Apparently I work too much!

This just in, I work too much! I just got off the phone with my boss. Apparently if I earn any more "comp" time I will get him in trouble. Well, hello! I was storing it up so I still get a paycheck during maternity leave! Apparently I have reached the max and I am not allowed to earn anymore. I will now have to use my vacation, sick and holidays to cover any time off that my "comp" time doesn't.

Here I thought I was being a good teacher and planning everything and taking time at night to plan and individualize the lessons. Apparently I have worked too much and I can no longer put in extra hours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever wondered if maybe they think you are logging the hours and not really putting in the time?

Carma said...

Oh, I am putting in the time alright. At that time I had 4 students, each one doing 3 different subjects and I had to create the curriculum for those 12 classes, along with the worksheets, answer keys, tests, and grade ita ll too!