Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Siblings

If you are like me, the youngest child in the family, you remember those days of being picked on and told to "go away." I recently spent the weekend with my sister and it got me thinking, "When did we actually start to get along?"

Is there this magical age that once both parties have crossed that age you suddenly see each other as humans and not a sibling to fight with? We've never had any knock down drag out fights (after all, we're not boys) but I do remember punching her in the stomach once because she wouldn't move.

It's odd to have your older sibling look at you like a human instead of an annoying little sister who only wants to scratch her Monkey's or Beatles records. Or to have her offer her legs (you had to be there) when you fall on your fat prego butt instead of point and laugh. Sure, she laughed later, but I'm sure it was comical site.

I have a friend who has 2 younger siblings. She has always gotten along with her much younger brother, but her sister, not so much. It's funny to see them out and about now and actually getting along. I remember her swearing that after she moved out of her parents house she would never talk to her again. Cracks me up. She doesn't see it, but I do. Some day those two will become friends!

1 comment:

Pepper said...

Hey, Chickie! Are you talking about me?? FYI, when I moved out of Mom and Dad's house I didn't talk to my sis for a very long time, and when we did talk it was just fighting...or once when I kicked her at Wal-Mart in the shin and made her cry, but she said something really mean to me and deserved it. Now we are working on becoming friends, and it's sort of fun. I totally know what you are saying.