Friday, May 23, 2008

Indy

This weekend I am doing something I've never done before. I am going to view the Indy 500 first hand. Thanks to Kelly's connections through work we have free tickets. I will admit that I'm not a big race fan (the crashes are cool) but I think that being from Indiana I should be able to say that I've seen the race in person.

This does mean us leaving Tater at home with Uncle Phil and Aunt Nikki. I can't imagine taking a 2 month old with us to the race! Hopefully it is pleasantly warm and the weather is nice. A nice tan would be cool, but I don't want to look like a lobster when I get home.

I'm sure that the car ride down will bring on the story telling that occurs when Josh and Ayron are together. Ayron usually pulls the "remember when "card and then the two can't stop reminiscing about all the stupid things they have done together. Although every time they get together I do hear at least one new story from their past. Their stories usually just add to my proof that I don't want my child to go to Eastside or that our children (when they have some) will not be allowed to play together unless in a well padded room without sharp edged toys!

Hopefully I'll have some cool pictures to post when I return to work on Tuesday. Yeah, only 8 more days of "school" left then I can do my summer job as a corrections officer at the other office.

No comments: