Thursday, January 22, 2009

I have a new wrinkle

I once heard that when you learn something knew it creates a new wrinkle in your brain. Well, if that is true, then I have a new wrinkle.

I had training this morning on blood borne pathogens and hazardous materials. We had two "tests" to take during the training. I had both tests almost completed before training even began. It was common sense, but that isn't my point.

What I did learn today was the origin of "The Works" bathroom cleaner.

Way back when the steel mills started around Gary Indiana, the mills were producing a by product. It was a white fluid and they thought it could be hazardous, so they were paying some company to truck the substance out to Nevada and bury it. Well, someone in Indiana did some research and discovered it wasn't hazardous, so he contacted the mills and asked if they would give him the by product. Happy they didn't have to pay to truck it out west, they gladly agreed. That man turned the white substance into "The Works" bathroom cleaner!

So there is your new wrinkle for the day!

No comments: