Monday, January 12, 2009

Men's Brains vs. Women's Brains

My church, New Hope, has been viewing the marriage seminar "Men's Brains Women's Brains." It has been a real eye opener and Mark Gunger has a way to putting things bluntly in a way you never thought of before. If you have never heard of the seminar, I suggest you head on over to youtube and search it.

Mark Gunger will be at First Assembly in Fort Wayne early this year (can't remember the date) but I highly encourage every couple (married, engaged, seriously dating) to attend. It will be an eye opener to both parties in the couple.

One of the things Mark said last night cracked me up. He said, "Wearing a condom during sex (meaning sex inside of a stable, monogomous marriage) is like wearing a sock on your tongue while trying to eat an icecream cone." I laughed so hard, I immediately texted that quote to a friend of mine. Her reply, "Yeah, or like rubbing a steak on your stomach."

But on a serious note, check out his material (youtube has a TON).

********************************************
For those of you who were at last nights session, I came home to find the bed made (ding), his dirty jeans acutally IN the hamper (ding), and the laundry folded (ding)!

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

Sweet! We had meaningful conversation on the way home (ding!) and I bought her some chicken McNuggets (her favorite; ding!)

But I didn't clean anything. :)