Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year

I don't usually make resolutions, but this year I decided I should. I didn't want to set the bar too high, no need to risk horrible failure right?

I will become more organized. I am organized like crazy at work, but at home, not so much. I also realized how unorganized my spiritual life is. Ayron and I bought a binder (help me out here New Hope people) from church to help with that. Time management and making sure I take time for myself! I scheduled a hair appointment for this week and a doctors appointment for later this month. Me time!! Now if I only knew what to do with my hair!

Eat better. I have decided to stop going out for lunch and to pack my lunch. I bought a bunch of healthy lunch options: low fat, low sodium soups, etc. I am also going to be more aware of serving sizes, etc. I had a co-worker tell me, "No one told me you were expecting again." Yeah, that hurt, but the look on her face when I said, "Oh I'm not, just fat!" was priceless! I am also going to avoid pop and make better choices when we go out with the gang after church. Feel free to call me out on my food choices people, someone has to make me accountable!

Deal with the issues NOW. I tend to put things off. If I know it will be a "confrontation" I will try to avoid it. That doesn't work and just causes unnecessary stress. I need to realize that I am an adult, I am allowed to have my thoughts and opinions and I can express them (with careful word choices). I also just bury emotional issues. I realized that I hadn't been opening up to Ayron about a problem at work (I will address it this week in my weekly meeting....I promise!) and once I started blabbering about it, I felt better. He was able to give me some insight and help me think things through. I didn't realize I hadn't been opening up to him and that is why he thought I was pulling away.

So there you have it, now help me stick with it!

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

Those are good resolutions. Here are some of mine:

1. Get back on track with God
2. Lose 30 pounds
3. Stop being a jerk to my wife and sons

I'll help you with yours, please help me with mine! ("Todd, do you really need that 5th donut....")