Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Friendly Wisdom

After sending an e-mail to a high school friend of mine explaining my worries/fears about my current situation (lack of jobs for Ayron and myself) I received a very uplifting reply. Sarah is wise beyond her years and great at encouraging others. She wrote:

I'm writing this email not really sure of what I'm actually going to say. I've been really good at advice in the past, but lately I just haven't had it...I'm kind of in a rut myself. All I know is that God will provide as long as you are in His will. What's His will? That's the question. As long as you are building relationships for His glory and loving those around you then I think you're in His will until He moves you on to something else. It's hard to trust...I'm in that spot too. I know He will provide. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. Actually, that verse starts out by saying...Keep your lives free from the love of money, but be content with whatever you have for the LORD has said "I will never leave you; I will never forsake you". Does he want us to be lazy and haphazard with our finances? No, but He does want us to completely trust Him to provide. I'm realizing everyone has to come to this point in their Christian walk in order to grow...in order to enjoy the freedom of living in God's presence. He has to bring us to the ends of ourselves so that we can trust Him completely. I want to be there, and I know you do too...I'm not exactly sure how to do that, except to wake up everyday knowing that God will provide and living like He will. We know it in our heads, but it doesn't get to our hearts until we experience it. He wants you and Ayron to experience it, and you will if you will trust Him.
I'm not sure what to say about Ayron getting a job. There aren't many around...I know, I've been looking too, but about as hard as he has. I guess you just have to trust Ayron too. Help him in anyway you can to find a job he wants to do, but if he feels that he's okay waiting then you have to trust him in that decision. Don't let him be lazy, but don't be so pushy that he listens to you instead of God. I don't know what it is to have to trust another person like that yet, but it seems like that's the way it will have to be. God has not called us to be comfortable or to always stay the same. God has called us to a dynamic life of love and adventure...all to glorify Him. God also didn't call us to go through all of this on our own and I have found it so helpful to have friends who are going through the same thing and are willing to talk about it and trust God to bring the answer. Sorry, I really didn't know what I was going to write and I really didn't know it would be that long. But, writing this to you has helped me too, so THANKS! Carma, I love you and I would love to join you as you work through these things and make decisions for your future (and present). I'll be praying for you and Ayron, that God will direct you in the way you should go. Joining with you as you join with Him, Sarah


It was very encouraging to reconnect with an old high school friend. I only hope she is able to trust in Him and wait patiently while He arranges a job for her, either here or away. She has so much wisdom and I know God will use her in fabulous ways. While she is not sure what she is doing here or why she came back home, I am pretty sure she was sent back here to help me.

No comments: