Friday, December 30, 2005

Dear God, it's me Carma

Dear God,

It's me again. I know it's been a long time since my last "formal" prayer but I talk to you on a daily basis so I know you haven't, nor will you ever forget me. While I know you know my inner thoughts and feelings I feel the urge to actually express them. I am feeling frustrated and my patience is running thin.

I am wondering how long we will need to wait till jobs come our way. I know that you will provide but do you also write checks to credit card companies and doctors offices? I don't mean to sound sarcastic or doubt your plan but I just wish you plan would be made a little clearer to me.

I need to know how I can help Ayron. You have always placed jobs in his lap and he hasn't had to actually look for one in his life. I am sure that you are teaching him how to look through this whole process but I see how frustrated he is. He feels he is a horrible husband because he can't provide for me. Remind him of how he did provide for me during the last 16 weeks. Remind him that his willingness to put his education on hold for me is another example of his willingness to provide for me. Help me to have the wisdom and words I need to provide for him both emotionally and physically.

I also would like some wisdom on how I can help my mom and sister. You have given them both so much courage in their lives but I am beginning to wonder if it is running out. I pray that you will help mom relax and use this time to reflect and decide what she can do for herself instead of for others. May those she has helped in the past be willing to help her now. Oh, thanks for reminding me to call her when I am done. I also pray for my sister. Bless her, for she was willing to move home to be with mom. I know that she may not realize it, but she is really helping me. I like knowing that someone is there with mom. Help her decide where she needs to be and when she needs to be there. I know she is ready and willing to get out there and help but she is waiting on your calling. I know you work in your time and not ours but send her a blessing.

Be with all of those traveling this weekend, like the Bennetts, the Cooks, and the Carnahans. Bring JoEllen a renewed sense of calm this weekend while her family visits. It will be the first time in a long time that most of us will be together. Help her to relax and enjoy the moment. Be with Jerry, Nikki, and the kids as they travel to Indy for Ayden's check up. May you provide healing for everyone, both emotionally and spiritually.

Ok, ok, you can stop nagging me, I'll go call mom!

Bless those around me,
Carma

1 comment:

Carma said...

what are you "Awwwww"ing about?