Friday, December 16, 2005

Millie Hansen Auditorium

Last night my husband, mother-in-law and I went to the grand opening of the Millie Hansen Auditorium at Eastside High School. After a cool ceremony honoring Millie (a physically old, yet mentally young activist in this area for the fine arts) the school performed the first musical in the auditorium. It is fantastic! The stage is huge and has so many things built in. 500 seat stadium style seating. State of the art sound and lights. My husband was jealous. When he was the star at Eastside the musicals were held in the old Cafitorium. Katelyn J. stole the show and Mrs. Dolly Levi. That girl needs to get her butt to Broadway. She won a local radio contest to win a trip to actually audition for American Idol. She carried that whole show!

Well, I should get going to Garrett. Everytime I went to get on the substitute list this week either the one lady that can do it was sick or the weather was so bad they cancelled school!

No comments: