Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Goofy Day

It has been an odd day. When I woke up this morning I knew something wasn't right, but I decided to have a positive attitude about it anyways.

When I got to work I had to sort out insurance information (I switched to the county insurance because it will cost me a whole whopping $1 a year compared to $120 a month through Ayron's work). Then my driver called me to say that he couldn't locate the house of a new student. After several phone calls over the course of an hour I was finally able to figure out that the new student managed to get themselves placed, so I wouldn't have that student. I know it sounds odd, but I was relieved. Sick and twisted, I know. This student was going to be a handful and I had to plan their entire curriculum with answer keys and they were to be here for the rest of the year. I felt a weight lifted off of me when I found out that I didn't have to figure out that whole situation.

Then I get a phone call from my husband telling me that my uncle went hunting that morning. Big deal, so what? Turns out he shot a deer. Good for him.....but he forgot about the recoil on the gun. He manged to not only take down a 131lb. field dressed buck but also give himself a black eye with the scope on his gun. I chuckled, but only because I knew he was ok and I can just picture the look on my aunt's face.

Just a little bit ago, Ayron called me at work to see if I had heard about my old neighbor. My old neighbor is a former Army man, big macho, hilarious, yet big teddy bear type of guy. He now works for the Indiana State Police around the Indy area. This morning he and his partner made a traffic stop. When his partner approached the vehicle, the vehicle started to pull away. J, decided to shoot out the back tires. His first shot was fine, it was the second one that caused some problems. The second bullet ricocheted off the hubcap of the moving vehicle and came back to hit him in the thigh. He and his partner jumped back into the car to pursue the fleeing vehicle and then he realized what had happened. They took him to the hospital and instead of just having a bullet sized hole, he now has a 6 inch incision on his leg. The bullet had managed to lodge itself so deeply that the doctor couldn't remove it, even after making the incision.

Moral of the stories?? Guns are dangerous people! BE CAREFUL!!!

No comments: