Thursday, November 15, 2007

Political Correctness or Going Too Far??

The other morning I heard that a group of people feel the current body type of Santa is contributing to obesity. They are now telling Santa's that "ho, ho, ho" is offensive to women. Really?

If they are going to go that far, then I am going to say that Humpty Dumpty is offensive to me because I am a vegetarian (ok, so I'm not, but for the sake of argument I am). Or, I could say that Beauty and the Beast promotes bestiality. Willy Wanka shows slavery (the oopma loompas). Etc. I think you get my drift.

I grew up believing Santa said "ho, ho, ho" and he was so big because he had to pack on the weight to stay warm during his yearly flight around the world. Have we (society) gone too far? What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jjnpbxki
Whoo hoo! Sing it, girl!!