Friday, November 30, 2007

Nervous...

I am horribly nervous. In a matter of minutes I will be having a meeting with my boss and aide in which we inform my aide that his "services" are no longer needed. I know that this is better for me, the students, the program, etc. So why am I nervous? I think it's because I don't know how he will react. We are doing it in my other office so no kids will be around, but he will have to come back to the house, gather his things, and leave. I don't want him to cause a scene. I just want this done. It was supposed to happen Wednesday but during our meeting then he talked non stop about junk and never let my boss have a word in edge wise. I know that I am going to have to answer his questions, fine, I'll own up to the complaints I made. I just wish I knew how he was going to react.

Dear Lord,

Please be with me as I face this next hour. Allow me to keep my calm. I also ask that you allow me to articulate my words in a manner that accurately describe the problems we have been encountering with him. I pray that you bring him calm as well. I know this will be difficult for me, so I can only imagine how difficult it will be for him. May he be happy to be relieved of his duties here. I also pray that he find other work quickly.

Amen.

*******************
The meeting did not go like I had planned. I did realize part way through the meeting that I had the chance to stand up for myself. He decided to use the time to slam me and every decision I had ever made. I decided to not let him belittle me anymore. I made sure I thought through everything I was going to say. I never once told him his opinion on the situation was wrong. After all, how can I tell someone their opinion is wrong, I can't. He was finally asked to gather his things and leave.

I was nice to realize this morning that I was looking forward to coming into work and working my new day staff.

2 comments:

todd helmkamp said...

How did it go?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, do tell...